The Asset Contracts Manager will support the development and commercial markets team to maximize the profitability of Fervo’s geothermal assets. The Asset Contracts Manager will also support the development, implementation, and management of process enhancement or cost savings initiatives resulting from the contract and performance analysis.
The Asset Contracts Manager will collaborate with a large cross-functional team in the day-to-day management of the portfolio of assets. This will entail the execution of regularly scheduled activities such as lease payments, offtake contract management, tax management, financial tracking, performance reporting, and coordination of maintenance activities.
The Asset Contract Manager will report to the Head of Development. Fervo Energy has principal offices in Houston, San Francisco, and Reno. This position will be eligible for hybrid work flexibility, with a regular in-office presence at one of the above principal offices. Some travel to project sites across the Western United States is required for this position.
- Proactively oversee compliance of all project-level contracts, including the PPAs, O&M, EPC, and financing agreements; ensure that all filings and reports are completed accurately and on-time.
- Monitor geothermal plant operational performance by working closely with the operations teams to identify and prioritize the implementation of improvement initiatives as well as ensure significant offline events are remedied in a timely fashion.
- Produce and review operating reports to ensure production targets are met.
- Help manage reporting cycle to ensure timely, accurate reporting of financial, operational, and contractual obligations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key project partners such as PPA offtakers, landowners, local governmental bodies, lenders, etc.
- Supports cross-functional teams in the resolution of material issues affecting assigned assets (e.g. commercial disputes, warranty claims, environmental or regulatory violations, and tax matters).
- Analyze operational performance of the assets. Identify and investigate underperformance. Collaborate with Engineering and Operations to develop and implement remediation plans.
- Participate in the budgeting process and financial analysis of renewable assets.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience
- MS Office, Google Suite, and cloud-based collaboration software
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without employer-sponsored work authorization
- Must be very organized, a self-starter, exhibit a high degree of attention to detail and be capable of driving multiple projects simultaneously
- University degree in Finance, Engineering, Business, or a related field
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Advanced degree or MBA
- Previous experience within the renewable energy industry and/or geothermal plants
- Familiarity with geology and drilling
- Proven success in partnering with a diverse pool of stakeholders to maximize results
- Proven experience taking ownership of assigned deliverables and successfully achieving results beyond expectations
- Experience with Power Purchase Agreements and required contractual provisions
Fervo Energy has principal offices in Houston, San Francisco, and Reno. This position will be eligible for hybrid work flexibility, with a regular in-office presence at one of the above principal offices. Some travel is required for this position.