Decarbonizing the energy sector is an urgent challenge and geothermal energy is poised to play a central role. We are expanding our team to help make this vision a reality. Fervo Energy has developed technology to make geothermal power scalable and cost-effective. Join us and work alongside world-class engineers, researchers, investors, and developers in making geothermal a key pillar of our climate-friendly energy future.
The Category Manager will be responsible for category management duties supporting Drilling & Completions related categories including, but not limited to, drill rigs, well fracturing horse power, OCTG, wireline, coiled tubing, cementing, drill bits, fishing, casing accessories, workover services, labor, and facilities construction.
- Perform market analysis and leverage supply chain knowledge to understand and articulate market trends that may impact internal stakeholders and category strategies
- Lead supplier solicitation, negotiation, contract execution, implementation, and management
- Serve as a commercial subject matter expert having a detailed understanding of assigned categories in support of Supply Chain requirements
- Ensure that robust and sustainable business relationships are established with key contractors. Identify and maintain relationships with major category suppliers and industry analysts gathering insight to better understand suppliers’ key differentiations, technology roadmaps, and business models with the goal of identifying opportunities to improve the overall quality and delivery of products and services
- Establish metrics to monitor, track, and improve supplier performance to ensure continuous improvement
- Ensure compliance with contract terms, both legal and commercial (including value delivery). Provide effective overview of supplier performance to contract and support operational teams; Manage supplier issues and disputes to effective resolution, should they arise
- Challenge business plans where alternate opportunities exist to deliver higher value outcomes, ensuring all options have been duly evaluated
- Through contract assessments, category plans, business partner engagement, and spend analytics, identify sourcing opportunities and commercial strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or related field
- 5+ years of Category Management experience
- Understanding of upstream Oil and Gas, with experience in identifying and executing sustainable opportunities for value creation (cost savings, cost avoidance, revenue enhancement) and risk reduction.
- Experience managing drilling related services, tangibles and related supply markets
- Excellent networking and communication skills complemented by the ability to develop and sustain strategic relationships
- Self-starter with a track record of developing, implementing, and managing strategic supply chain initiatives
- Ability to influence management through the use of high quality, well-structured communications, both written and verbal to ensure linkage with business strategies and drive understanding of the resulting impact