The Development Project Scheduler (“Scheduler”) will support the development and construction process of Fervo’s new geothermal projects.
The Scheduler will work with a large cross-functional team to set up, track, and analyze project schedules for a portfolio of diverse renewable energy projects. The Scheduler will interface with and assist the project management team, engineering and development groups, EPC Contractors, OEM Suppliers, key vendors, and subcontractors in monitoring and updating the progress of projects across the company’s portfolio including project health, actual performance, and forecasting relative to key metrics and baselines. The Development Project Scheduler will report to the Head of Development. Fervo Energy has principal offices in Houston, San Francisco, and Reno. This position will be eligible for hybrid work flexibility, with a regular in-office presence at one of the above principal offices.
- Develop and implement acceptable planning/scheduling methods for the company’s active development portfolio in Oracle Primavera Cloud (OPC) while providing leadership & support in the areas of project controls, forecasting cost control, and project management.
- Work with project stakeholders, functional teams, and project management groups to develop timelines and validate project OPC schedules and update project-specific schedule durations and milestones on a regular basis.
- Coordinate with procurement to track and ensure equipment lead times are incorporated into project plans and accurately reflect the company development plans.
- Review, analyze, and validate all periodic contractor schedule updates and identify project pinch points in advance to avoid project delays.
- Conduct resource & cost loading, resource leveling, and risk analysis.
- Review change orders provided by stakeholders, update OPC schedules, and manage the effect of the change.
- Lead scheduling meetings with stakeholders and update project management groups on any schedule constraints or changes.
- Analyze project finance trends and provide recommendations, guidance, and support to Project Managers. Including conducting critical analysis, forecasting revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates, utilization, cost reporting, purchase and change order tracking, invoice tracking budget comparison, forecasting percentage of complete, earned value.
- Manage the flow of project data through various software, database, and record-keeping systems and analyze data from various systems to produce graph and chart visualizations.
- Organize and maintain the accuracy of key project data across all project management systems on the entire portfolio of active projects and new project pipelines, including milestone dates and progress.
- Develop internal tools, templates, and guidelines to improve project data gathering and accuracy across various business units and functional groups.
- At the completion of the project, assist in developing and recording the project’s historical schedule information and “lessons learned” for use on future projects.
- Travel to project sites as needed which may be required monthly to different projects under construction to attend project meetings, assess construction progress, and validate contractors’ project schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience driving project schedules & controls process within construction, utilities, refinery, engineering (civil, mechanical, electrical), or related space
- Oracle Primavera Cloud
- Experience with project controls
- MS Office & Google Suite (emphasis on Excel)
- Ability to work collaboratively with the project and program stakeholders and articulate key points to drive discussions and facilitate consensus
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without employer-sponsored work authorization
- Must be very organized and exhibit a high degree of attention to detail
- Up to 25% expected travel
- Experience with resource & cost loading
- Experience with Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Processes and schedules
- Expertise in geothermal development
- Familiarity with geology and drilling
- Proven success in partnering with a diverse pool of stakeholders to help drive projects to completion (ontime & on budget)
- Proven experience taking ownership of assigned deliverables and successfully achieving results beyond expectations
- Experience with Power Purchase Agreements and required scheduling milestones
Fervo Energy has principal offices in Houston, San Francisco, and Reno. This position will be eligible for hybrid work flexibility, with a regular in-office presence at one of the above principal offices