Decarbonizing the energy sector is an urgent challenge, and with the right technology, geothermal energy can play a central role. We are expanding our team to help make this vision a reality. Fervo Energy has developed technology to make geothermal power scalable and cost-effective. Join us and work alongside world-class engineers, researchers, investors, and developers in making geothermal a key pillar of our climate-friendly energy future.
Fervo Energy seeks to hire a Drilling Engineering Manager for its upcoming geothermal development drilling campaign. The Drilling Engineering Manager will be responsible for all aspects of well engineering from planning to operations, including rig contracting and budgeting. The Drilling Engineering Manager will also lead Fervo’s technology planning and work with partners and suppliers on improving drilling performance.
- Planning and designing of all Fervo Energy geothermal wells
- Managing Fervo’s team of drilling engineers, including hiring and career development
- Budgeting, building AFEs, and managing cost throughout operations
- Owning and leading continuous improvement initiatives
- Leading evaluation and prioritization of new technologies
- Working with partners and suppliers to deliver wells with reduced time/cost while improving HSE performance
- Representing Fervo at industry conferences and events
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- 10+ years of experience in drilling engineering and operations (minimum 3 years of horizontal shale development experience)
- Experience leading engineering teams
- Experience planning complex drilling operations (offshore and onshore preferred)
- Experience supply chain and cost management