Decarbonizing the energy sector is an urgent challenge, and with the right technology, geothermal energy can play a central role. We are expanding our team to help make this vision a reality. Fervo Energy has developed technology to make geothermal power scalable and cost-effective. Join us and work alongside world-class engineers, researchers, investors, and developers in making geothermal a key pillar of our climate-friendly energy future.
The Finance Associate will report to the Corporate Development Manager and work with executive leadership to tackle a broad array of financial analysis crucial to a rapidly growing renewable energy development company. The role will focus heavily on financial modeling, financial planning and analysis, and budgeting processes to support Fervo as we move quickly through corporate fundraising milestones and strategically deploy capital to build several first-of-their kind geothermal greenfield developments.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to define and solve complex financial problems by leveraging intuitive financial modeling and analysis. The ability to effectively educate decision makers on complicated concepts through concise written and verbal communication will be of critical importance. Projects will be wide-ranging, multi-faceted, and exciting. We are in search of a finance “athlete” – a person with an open mind and zeal for tackling challenges in new and innovative ways.
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most exciting companies in the clean energy industry and play a key role that shapes the finance function and increases its sophistication to enable the radical growth of one of the most exciting companies in the clean energy industry.
- Build financial models to assist the Company and its leaders in making sound financial decisions in support of key strategic initiatives
- Prepare corporate- and project-level reporting/financial analysis
- Work with cross-functional teams to support the preparation and management of quarterly & annual budgets
- Assist with building materials for board meetings, investor presentations, and other financial review presentations
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis and package insights into clear and concise presentations
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Finance, accounting, economics, or related field preferred
- 2+ years of relevant experience in an investment banking, corporate development, management consulting, transaction advisory services, Big 4 audit, or other relevant finance / accounting role
- Demonstrated financial modeling capabilities, with ability to develop analytical models, tools, and reports
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; experience using data visualization tools a plus
- Self-starter attitude, willingness to plan, pivot, and execute with little oversight
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong organizational skills