Decarbonizing the energy sector is an urgent challenge and geothermal energy is poised to play a central role. We are expanding our team to help make this vision a reality. Fervo Energy has developed technology to make geothermal power scalable and cost-effective. Join us and work alongside world-class engineers, researchers, investors, and developers in making geothermal a key pillar of our climate-friendly energy future.
The Procurement Contracts Manager is responsible for the procurement, contracting, and support service activities for above ground construction in delivery of next-generation geothermal power facilities. This role will be accountable for developing, implementing, and continuously improving purchasing services for the surface equipment while managing daily operations in a high volume, fast paced environment. The Procurement Contracts Manager must lead by example by being thoroughly skilled in standard core competencies, such as vendor management, optimizing staff and operations performance. This position functions as a technical advisor to the Project Director in ensuring minimal delays and interruptions with the procurement process which would result in an adverse impact to the construction of Fervo’s facilities. The Procurement Contracts Manager will report to the Director of Power Generation and Surface Facilities.
- Manage all aspects of the day-to-day procurement process for equipment and services while maintaining compliance with all company policies, procedures, and standards
- Develop, implement, and maintain procedures, administrative monitoring practices and controls to obtain smooth and effective construction of the surface equipment; coordinate work activities with other divisions within the department to prevent delays in required actions or to improve programs or services.
- Plan, monitor, evaluate, and supervise the operation of the surface construction procurement
- Assess the Contract general terms and conditions to highlight areas of risk such as ambiguities, conflicts or deviations from the scope of work
- As work proceeds, make recommendations to the Site Manager on the mitigation of these risks; closely monitor and support remedial actions and recommend appropriate tradeoffs
- Develop and maintain relationships with key vendors and contractors and cross functional departments to facilitate organizational interfaces between those performing sub(contract) administration
- Ensure and aid in completing all contractual obligations Fervo has to and with its suppliers and contractors
- Assists in the determination of resource allocation and levels of service according to established policies
- Coordinate with other disciplines to develop contracts that align with Fervo’s project goals and obligations
- Oversee management of ongoing supply and service contracts to ensure proper execution throughout the contract lifecycle and makes recommendations on policies and procedures as needed to ensure the success and compliance of all procurement-related activities
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related discipline and/or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience managing procurement and contract services (Industrial plant experience preferred)
- Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices, applicable Federal and State commercial regulations and practices, procedures and work practices
- Experience in writing, procuring, administering, and executing construction and professional services contracts; Working knowledge of change management procedures pertaining to Requests for Information (RFIs), change notices, change orders, amendments, effective correspondence and claims and dispute resolution
- Experience in developing complex contract types, remunerations models, incentive regimes, terms and conditions; supplier contract review, authoring and negotiation
- Ability to drive significant cost savings/cost avoidance using strong vendor management, contract analysis and procurement strategies
- Thorough knowledge of (sub)contract administration, home office and field procedures and documents relating to a multi-discipline construction project
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of procurement, contract administration and various forms of licensing
- Maintain high level of organization to ensure efficient and quality project execution while working in high volume fast paced environment.